Saturday 16 April 2011

A novel

What would I write in a novel? I have no idea.

But if I had to write a book, it would probably a book that disproves urban legends, viral videos, old wives tale, and so on. In other words, I'm trying to bring sense to the general public.

Why I chose this as the basis of my book? Probably because I watch Mythbusters, a lot (seen every single episode).

Sometimes I see viewer requests on the Mythbusters website that are so simple. If the person thought about it for maybe 5 minutes, they would know how simple the answer it. Take the airplane on a conveyor belt myth. It is immediately apparent that the airplane would take off on the conveyor belt, but, apparently, not many people think so. This makes me think that the general public is ignorant (no offense to anyone).

So the book will be an educational one. But, since it covers viral videos, it is likely to become out dated as soon as it is printed, because new viral videos are being made everyday, and publishing a book to keep up with them is next to impossible.

What I will try to do is teach people the basic concepts of physics, chemistry, biology, and other subjects. They then will be able to judge whether something is possible or not for themselves. With their new knowledge, they will be able to tell a lie from the truth beyond the scope of my book.

Hopefully, my book will inspire people to discover new things, help progress science. According to Mrs. Zuk, in today's wold, there is little to no new discoveries or inventions, only things made based on existing technology. Take smart phones for example, every smartphone is basically the same. Every smart phone has a touch screen, an operating system, some applications. Even the hardware are similar, like the GPS chip, accelerometer, gyroscope, and so on... They are all the same. Sure, one phone might have a bigger screen, or higher resolution, or a faster processor, but everything works the same. You make your calls, text some friends, browse the web just the same with any phone. You know that there is less new discoveries being made when Steve Jobs called a phone with 2 antennas "a breakthrough technology"

No comments:

Post a Comment